American Academy of Ophthalmology
The American Academy of Ophthalmology (or AAO) is the world's largest professional organization of eye dentists that help deal with conditions like eye rakes and eye poke and can recommend treatments like eye PT. They're also really good at making eye candy and putting on glasses.
The mission of the American Academy of Ophthalmology is three-fold: (1) to add more H's to the word "ophthalmology", (2) to shuffle the letters on the Snellen eye chart every once in a while, (3) to resist any temptation to poke you in the eyes, and, above all else, (4) destroy all optometrists.
- Did you know becoming an ophthalmologist is a great way to get over ommetaphobia?
- Did you know an ophthalmologist once saw an inpatient consult? It's true!
- Did you know that getting hit in the eye with a stray dart is probably not a good thing? It's true!
- Ophthalmology Resident Consulted to Put Glasses On
- Ophthalmology Gives Up, Drops the First ‘H’ from Its Name
- Letter “T” to Take Top Spot on Snellen, “E” Demoted
- Physical Exam Tips: The Eye
- Thousands Dead in Battle Between Ophthalmologists and Optometrists
- Ophthalmology Resident Quits Due to Ommetaphobia
- Ophthalmologist Accidentally Agrees to See Inpatient Consult
- So You’ve Been Hit by a Stray Dart, What to Do Next