A pilot study is a fundamental part of the research process in which aviators are studied on a small scale to determine if methods and procedures can be used at a larger scale. A pilot study does not test hypotheses, but can reach speeds of mach 3.0.
How Do I Enroll in a Pilot Study?
It depends what kind of pilot study you're seeking. For example, this is how to join an U.S. Air Force pilot study:
- Earn a bachelor's degree
- Meet officer qualifications
- Attend officer training school
- Pass initial flight testing
- Complete undergraduate pilot testing
- Advance career in U.S. Air Force
Can I Be in a Pilot Study if I Wear Glasses?
Vision should be no worse than 20/70, hindsight no worse than 20/80, and both should be correctable with glasses to 20/20.