- Safety: most (but not all) prefer not to get bodily fluids on their clothes
- Style: why wear a nice suit or dress when you can wear something that when squinting looks like urine?
Over the past few years, big name designers have taken to the medical isolation gown business.
- On December 27, 2014, Michael Kors designed his revolutionary new surgical gown line in a style that works all year round in the OR.
- On October 6, 2016, Christian Dior targeted med/surg floors with his luxurious yellow isolation ballroom gowns.
- Gowns are almost always impossible to put on so look here for help: Gomerblog's "How to Put on a Contact Isolation Gown".
- If you are someone who despises sleeves but loves gowns, check out Apple's new sleeveless Surgical Gown 7.
- Before you put on a gown and gloves, check and see if the patient is in the room. There is more disappointing feeling in the world to take all the time to gown up only to find there's no patient to see.
Fashion Before Function
- Bathing Suit
- Black Fleece
- Disposable Glove
- Goiter Belt
- Jean Therapy
- Thinking Cap
- White Coat
- New Contact Precautions Released (Gomerblog)
- New Fall (Autumn) Precautions Released (Gomerblog)
- New A**hole Precautions Released (Gomerblog)
- New Batsh*t Crazy Precautions Released (Gomerblog)
- Entire Hospital Placed in Isolation Gown for Infection Control (Gomerblog)
- Michael Kors Designs Surgical Gown Line for Spring (Gomerblog)
- Dior’s New Yellow Isolation Ballroom Gowns are Stunning (Gomerblog)
- Apple to Introduce New Surgical Gown 7 with No Sleeves (Gomerblog)
- Fancy Pants Intern Throws Away Spare Disposable Glove Like Some Kind of Millionaire (Gomerblog)
- The Worst: Doctor Spends Minutes Gowning Up Only to Find Patient Not in Room (Annals of Contact Isolation)