Tom Price is an orthopedic surgeon and current Secretary of Health and Human Services. But don't let that new title fool you: he still likes bones.
Actions as Secretary of Health and Human Services
- Price was confirmed by the Trump administration's Senate as the new secretary on February 10, 2017. Price hit the ground running, announcing several tasks listed high on his priority list: consulting Medicine for medical management and naming Ancef our national antibiotic.
- On February 11, 2017, Price prophylactically stabilized the 128-year-old Washington Monument by placing an external fixator.
- On March 1, 2017, a secretary for Price said that he was unable to answer questions because he's in the middle of a case.
- On March 2, 2017, Americans admit they aren't surprised Price can't detect America's pulse: he's an orthopod. Later that day, he authorized the deployment of a Stryker drone to mass vaccinate the country for influenza.
- On June 11, 2017, Price awarded internist Dale Mitchell the coveted FAFSA Memorial Perseverance Award for paying off his medical debt.
- On September 4, 2017, Price used his orthopedic background to propose the use of intramedullary nails to stabilize the Affordable Care Act marketplaces.
- On September 29, 2017, Price resigned, signed off, and turfed the Department of Health & Human Services to Medicine.
Because We Know You Want to Read More Government & Medicine
- Affordable Care Act Replacement Plan
- American Health Care Act
- Ben Carson
- Betsy DeVos
- Canadian Health Care Act
- Donald Trump
- Secretary Tom Price Places Ex-Fix on Washington Monument (Gomerblog)
- Secretary Tom Price Deploys Stryker Drone to Mass Vaccinate America for Flu (Gomerblog)
- Physician Wins Award for Paying Off Student Loans (Gomerblog)
- Tom Price to Stabilize ACA Marketplaces with Intramedullary Nails (Gomerblog)
- Breaking: Tom Price Signs Off, Turfs Department of Health & Human Services to Medicine (Gomerblog)